If you were using old School Management System (or maintaining Employee's Database in Excel) & you want to migrate your Employee's data in InstiKit, then this feature is very helpful. You can import Employee's data in bulk. Currently, Maximum you can import 500 Employees at once.
To get started with Bulk Import, you need to create "CSV" file. If you are having Excel Database then you can simply save that file as "CSV" and you are ready to upload the data. Make sure that your CSV file is UTF-8 supported.
Uploading data is two step process. The first step is to upload the file as shown in the image:
In the second step, you will be asked to choose the correct column that defines the respective fields. It means, you can put any data in any column and only you need to select the right column.
InstiKit supports 25+ columns data that can be imported. Supported columns are:
Employee Code Prefix, Employee Code Number, Date of Joining, First Name, Middle Name, Last Name, Date of Birth, Contact Number, Department, Designation, Father Name, Mother Name, Gender, Nationality, Blood Group, Religion, Category, Caste, Unique Identification Number, Emergency Contact Name, Emergency Contact Number, Address Line 1, Address Line 2, City, State, Zipcode, Country
Before you upload, please note the following:
- Always select the session first, in which you want to import the employees.
- The system ignores the header i.e. first row. You are requested to put column name headers in the very first row.
- All the dates should be in "YYYY-MM-DD" format. You will get error in case the dates are not in said format.
- The employees should not already registered in the system.
- The Designation, Department, Blood Group, Religion, Category, Caste name should be exactly as they are defined in the system.
After Bulk upload, you will get all the employee's added in respective department & designation.
You can download the sample file from this article's attachment.
If you face any issue regarding this process, you can raise a ticket at this support portal.